Monday, November 8, 2010

Beachy weekends...




Over the weekend we went away with friends. And it was wonderful. Drove down the Mornington Peninsular, to a little place called Blairgowrie. We were staying one street back from the surf beach, in a giant house. Aren't friends generous to organise such a holiday? Weather was wonderful, which meant going to the local monthly market was a must. Afterwards I went for a stroll along the bay beach while the fella went swimming.

I love wondering along the beach. I enjoy getting sandy and having the cuff of my jeans become a little wet. I hunt for shells, for tumbled glass, for worn pieces of wood. I snap photos, wrinkle my nose up a seaweed and dream of doing this every day.

It was a great time to catch up with some friends we simply have not seen for years. I am excited about renewing old friendships... and feel very chilled after my mini-break for the weekend.

How have you relaxed lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment