Thursday, March 12, 2009

Collaging until my fingers stick together...



I have been under the pump creating two postcards tonight. Both of which were swaps and need to be sent today. Unfortunately there are late, but only just. I don't like sending things out late though...

The scope was to create two handmade, collage postcards that are okay to send envelop free in the mail. I find this is a challenge with collages due to their tacky nature and the tiny pieces. None the less, they may survive. I've also printed off a copy of each to have following just in case all the bits get caught in other mail and ruin the post.

My first swap recipient is a woman from the US who just happens to like owls! So thrilled by this. I have created another image similar to the blog header, although this owl is less bashful and more a dancing owl. His skinny little legs make him look like he could be taking off to a chicken dance. The background is from a catalogue of northern Australian aboriginal art. I've been contemplating putting the Rudd bonus towards some art. Thus I've been visiting a few galleries to get ideas of what art is available and what interests me. Art could be a good investment in these hard financial times...

The second postcard is more of a wistful girl. She is quite young, loving hearts and horses (I think all girls go through these phases). Her hair is quite chic though. I've not collaged people for a long time. When I was in year 10 at school I collaged a self-portrait but have not done one since. I feel collaging wistful, whimsical girls could become my newest favourite collage subject.

Enjoy the images. Get out the glue. Scatter minuscule pieces of paper all over the floor (if only I had a cleaner...). Put on a movie in the background. Collage, craft and create.

No comments:

Post a Comment